Effective Date: October 1, 2021
- We’ve added more detail about what data we collect, how we use your data, and who we share it with.
- We’ve updated our policy to include new rights to opt out of the sale of your data under applicable laws.
- We’ve included additional information about rights of some customers under new California laws relating to data privacy.
We are The Miss Brand Corp, producer of the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants. We oversee and license over 50 state franchises to operate and produce state and local pageant events while managing the nation’s most prestigious national pageant.
WHO WE ARE
We are The Miss Brand Corp., which is affiliated with IMG Universe, LLC and affiliated entities. Our parent company is Endeavor and we may share data with its affiliated entities (“Endeavor”). If you would like a full list of relevant entities, please submit an information request to the Privacy Team here.
Like any company, we use a variety of third party businesses and partners to market and provide our Services to you. Some of those companies are part of The Miss Brand Corp., and some are third parties that we partner with or support our operations so we can provide the best experience to you.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You may provide us with personal information in a number of ways, such as when you:
- Provide information to us via our websites, applications, and other digital channels by signing up, creating accounts (including using social media login), filling out forms, commenting, or otherwise engaging with our online services;
- Communicate with us by e-mail or phone;
- Subscribe to e-mails and/or newsletters;
- Report a problem or request support for any of our Services;
- Buy a ticket or merchandise from us online at;
- Interact with our Social Media accounts;
- Participate in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes or surveys;
- Subscribe to The Miss Brand Corp. content online including using any of our online social media channels, official video or streaming partners; and
- Attending any The Miss Brand Corp. event (e.g. ticket scanning, CCTV, and other on location interactions you may have with us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We work closely with third parties (for example, technical service providers, ticketing providers, promotions companies, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. Depending on the relationship and activity, they will provide us with certain information that will help us understand how you interact with The Miss Brand Corp. Services so we can tailor our marketing and provide better, more personalized Services to you. In some cases, third parties also provide us with information that helps us keep track of transactions, address technical or logistical issues, prevent fraud, or keep our community safe from security threats.
We may also receive and display information and content which you make publicly available on your social media account when you use social media logins for our Services or interact with any of our content (such as contests).
Some of our key partners, who we receive data from and may share some data with include:
- Event Partners and Sponsors, who we work with to host premier events around the nation.
- Media and Digital Content partners, who we partner with to share exclusive content, including PPV packages of The Miss Brand Corp. events.
- E-commerce platforms and services, which provide merchandise to fans around the world.
- Ticket sellers throughout the country who sell tickets to The Miss Brand Corp. events.
- Venues which host The Miss Brand Corp. events and provide various marketing, advertising, customer support, and security services related to The Miss Brand Corp. events.
We may also receive and display information and content which you make publicly available on your social media account, such as when you post using one of our promoted hashtags.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may also use the information we have about you
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do share your data with third parties, including event sponsors and other The Miss Brand Corp. affiliates, and the other categories of partners as listed above. Some of these disclosures of data may be constitute a sale of data under some data privacy laws. Accordingly, we offer the option for you to opt out of the sale of your personal information, as further set forth below.
We may share your personal information with The Miss Brand Corp. and with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
- advertisers, advertising networks and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and, in some cases, to others. For more information on how we use personal information for targeted advertising, see below; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Service.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we enter into negotiations to buy, sell, or merge with any business or assets, or if we enter into bankruptcy, reorganization, or receivership, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective or eventual seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to any other third party not covered in this policy with your prior consent.
The Miss Brand Corp. hosts events around the world. Some of these events are owned by The Miss Brand Corp. or an affiliate, others are produced by us working with one or more partners, and some are owned by one or more of our partners. Where an event includes a named sponsor, The Miss Brand Corp. or its affiliate shares some marketing and other information about you with that sponsor so that you can attend or participate in the events. Where we are managing an event that is owned by someone else, your data may be collected and used by us to host the event and to market other Miss Brand Corp. content to you, and we will also share that data with the owner of the event.
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
We use your personal information to tailor our marketing and advertising efforts. To do this, we provide your information to third party advertising networks (such as Google Doubleclick) and social media companies (such as Facebook). When we provide data to agencies, ad networks, and other parties for targeted advertising, we do not provide them with your name, financial information, or any sensitive information (such as a government ID or date of birth, if we have collected that). We use online identifiers such as email, cookie addresses, and device identifiers to help us provide targeted advertising to you and others like you. We may also use aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to target audiences;
To opt out of targeted advertising, you may use the following links provided by third parties that manage opt outs for some ad networks:
We also add you to our mailing lists for email communications from The Miss Brand Corp. and our partners’, when you sign up for our mailing lists, purchase a ticket or our merchandise, or subscribe to our content online. If you provide us with your email address in order to receive communications, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of our emails.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
You may be able to use social sharing features and other integrated tools on the Site such as the Facebook “Like” button. These features and tools may permit you to share actions you take on our Service with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the service that provides the social sharing feature Please remember, though, that use of the information you share on social media sites will be governed by the privacy policies of the social media provider, and we are not responsible for how they treat the information.
DO NOT TRACK
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether you intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether you even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
We operate the Services in and from a number of different jurisdictions, but the Site is primarily operated from the United States, which is where your information will likely be stored and processed. Your information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to legal process in the countries in which we operate and/or store your information.
We do not knowingly collect information from children who are under 13 years old. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is 13-16 years old and using our Services, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt in to the use of your personal information or request deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who is under 13 years old and using our Services, please contact us to arrange for deletion of any personal information we may have collected about the child.
OPTING OUT OF THE SALE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MONEY.
However, sometimes we share your data with sponsors, vendors, Endeavor, and third party advertising networks. These transfers, which are used to provide you with certain Services and/or to more effectively provide you with personalized Services (including advertising), can be deemed a sale under some data privacy laws.
You may opt out of the sale of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. You will be asked to provide certain information to us in order to exercise this option so we can verify your identity and locate your records with us.
Please note that your decision to opt-out of the sale of your personal information may impact the availability and quality of some of the Services provided to you.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to our ability to verify your request and certain other limitations:
- Information about You: You may ask for us to state what categories of personal information about you we have, and the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information;
- Receive a Copy of Your Data: You may request the categories and specific pieces of information (if any) we have about you, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information in the previous 12 months.
- Delete Your Data: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- Do-Not-Sell: You may opt-out of our sale(s) of your personal information, as “sale” is defined by California law. Please see above for more information.
- Non-Discrimination: California law prohibits discrimination against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Note: Where certain technologies rely on your data to provide the Services, the absence of that data may impact the operation of the Services.
How to Exercise Your Rights.
To exercise any of the above rights or if you have any other request you wish to submit to the Miss Brand Corp. Privacy Team, you may submit a general information request here.
Verification Process and Required Information.
All requests must be verified. Some requests, including receiving a copy of your data or requests made by an agent claiming to be acting on your behalf, are subject to heightened requirements. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information provided, a request for a copy of your data shall be treated as a request for information and if we cannot verify your identity, a request to delete personal information may be treated as a request to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. An Authorized Agent must have written documentation of their authority to act on your behalf, such as a Power of Attorney.
YOUR EU AND OTHER PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the EEA you may request a copy of your personal information and confirmation that we are processing personal information about you. You may also be entitled to ask us for other information such as purposes of the processing, categories of personal data, and recipients of the information. You may be entitled to request correction of any personal information about you which is incomplete or inaccurate, deletion or erasure of it, suspension of processing of it, or making it available for transfer to third parties. These rights apply under and are subject to applicable law. If you want to exercise any of these or other rights under applicable law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification.
You may also have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information. However, we may be entitled to continue processing it in line with applicable law. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You may also have the right, where provided under applicable law, to ask us to stop processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information or by clicking “unsubscribe” on the emails you receive. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide you with the services you have requested. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We use a variety of administrative, physical, and technology solutions, including engaging with qualified cybersecurity companies, to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss, or misuse. Because there is always some risk in transmitting information over the internet and otherwise processing information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit on or through the Services or that we otherwise maintain.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Services, newsletters, email updates, and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others, including our partner networks, retail partners, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.